Saturday 17 July 2010

oh hi there



Hey look, its American Eli. I miss her! She was always so happy, and she didn't have much to worry about. Norwegian Eli works a full time job right now, and she is worried about money and her future.

Today I wanted to tell you about something that I've been thinking about thats very different in Norway and USA. In Norway, almost everything is closed on Sundays. All the grocery stores are closed, all the malls and other shopping places are too. It's just restaurants, movie theatres, and museums that are open. It can be kind of aggravating sometimes, like when you wake up sunday morning and realize you're out of bread, but mostly I find it's a good thing. It makes it easier to keep the day of rest sacred. And most people don't cut their grass just because it's sunday and it would be considered disrespectful towards your neighbours.

I got my first pay check this week! It was a great feeling, knowing that I worked hard (weeeell maybe not "hard"...) for my m. And it felt good to be able to transfer some money into my savings account, so now I just need to figure out what I want to do with my life so I'll have something to save up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment