Thursday 1 July 2010

happy anniversary!

It's been a month since I came home from the US of A. It doesn't seem that long ago, but at the same time, my life in America just seems so distant. So, what have I been up to lately? Well, my life this past week can easily be summed up in one word: work. Right now, it's where I spend most of my time, and ALL my energy. But its fun. Most of it is. There are parts that aren't as fun, such as when I ride my bike to work and choke on bugs, or they get caught in my eye and I can't blink them out. Oh, and the other day when we cleaned the chicken cage, we found a dead chicken at the bottom of the cage, it stomped to death by the other ones and then buried in hay. Yeah, so for a minute there I wasn't too fond of the chicken, but all was forgiven and forgotten later that day when I watched an egg hatch. It was really cool, and when the little bitty chicken finally got out, he was so exhausted he could barely keep his head up!

Hey look, it's you guys. My american friends, or some of you at least. I took some of the senior pictures I got and glued them to a paper and stuck them in a frame. And yeah, thats the color of my walls.

Another thing I wanted to tell you guys about was weird Norwegian sayings we have. There is one that goes "It's better to have a dead bird in your hand than ten (alive ones) sitting on your roof". So that was the Norwegian saying of the day, now to the random Norwegian fact of the day: Every day around 6-ish, they have news for deaf people. It's only for a couple of minutes, with some news anchor talking with her hands about the latest news, and there's no sound. Someone should start that in America too!

No comments:

Post a Comment